A commercial invoice template is used to make billing documents for shipping goods from one country to another. It is used by customs agencies to apply the duties and tax for your package. Businesses can download free blank commercial invoice templates from our site to describe what’s in the package, the destination of this package, payment details, and other essential things about this shipping.
These international commercial invoices are available in PDF, WORD, Excel, and all other formats you prefer. In this article, we cover all the things about commercial invoices that help you make effective documents to ship your goods or items to other countries.
- 0.1 What is Commercial Invoice?
- 0.1.1 Commercial Invocie Template 01 68.83 KB 0 downloads
- 0.1.2 Commercial Invoice Template 02 6.74 KB 4 downloads
- 0.1.3 Commercial Invoice Template 03 4.85 KB 1 downloads
- 0.1.4 Commercial Invoice Template 04 4.84 KB 0 downloads
- 0.1.5 Commercial Invoice Template 05 4.84 KB 0 downloads
- 0.1.6 Commercial Invoice Template 06 15.34 KB 1 downloads
- 0.2 When We Need Commercial Invoice
- 0.2.1 Commercial Invoice Template 07 6.75 KB 0 downloads
- 0.2.2 Commercial Invoice Template 08 4.36 KB 0 downloads
- 0.2.3 Commercial Invoice Template 09 16.03 KB 0 downloads
- 0.2.4 Commercial Invoice Template 10 4.22 KB 1 downloads
- 0.2.5 Commercial Invoice Template 11 16.72 KB 0 downloads
- 0.2.6 Commercial Invoice Template 12 13.59 KB 0 downloads
- 1 What is Required on Commercial Invoice?
- 1.0.1 Commercial Invoice Template 13 12.87 KB 0 downloads
- 1.0.2 Commercial Invoice Template 14 6.57 KB 0 downloads
- 1.0.3 Commercial Invoice Template 15 18.85 KB 0 downloads
- 1.0.4 Commercial Invoice Template 16 3.59 KB 0 downloads
- 1.0.5 Commercial Invoice Template 17 12.45 KB 0 downloads
- 1.0.6 Commercial Invoice Template 18 7.27 KB 0 downloads
- 2 Difference Between Commercial Invoice and Invoice
- 3 How to Make a Commercial Invoice?
- 3.0.1 Commercial Invoice Template 19 6.38 KB 0 downloads
- 3.0.2 Commercial Invoice Template 20 4.98 KB 0 downloads
- 3.0.3 Commercial Invoice Template 21 18.19 KB 0 downloads
- 3.0.4 Commercial Invoice Template 22 11.65 KB 0 downloads
- 3.0.5 Commercial Invoice Template 23 6.45 KB 0 downloads
- 3.0.6 Commercial Invoice Template 24 4.10 KB 0 downloads
- 4 5 Common Invoice Mistakes to Avoid
- 5 Benefits of Commercial Invoice
What is Commercial Invoice?
When businesses export their goods or services, an invoice is required to describe all the essential things about your transaction. Custom agencies used it to calculate the tax and duties according to the worth of this package. It is a billing document that the seller makes to the buyer to inform him about the amount of payment for the shipping goods. In this way, ready-made invoices templates save you lots of time and effort to make it manually. Download Blank form of commercial invoices to put all the details about shipping products or services. The information in the invoice should be correct to ensure the delivery of your package on time. The sample of a commercial invoice helps you know how to fill it effectively to make it useful for customs and buyers.
The commercial invoice form should contain the information of the seller and buyer, the destination of the package, details of shipping goods, payment information, and other necessary things that the shipping authorities and buyer should know. It is different from the standard invoice document; it contains more information about the package you deliver. Make sure to include all the information that is required to make the transaction successful. It works as a helpful tool to track the stocks by keeping the record of each export. Ensure the entries of each essential thing in the invoice document to avoid any disputes. In addition, hand over the original invoice to the buyer and keep a copy for record purposes. It also works as evidence in case of any problem in the future.
When We Need Commercial Invoice
The export commercial invoice is needed when you make any transaction of goods or items. It is one of the essential export documents to make your delivery successful. The points that show the importance of commercial invoices are as follows:
- Commercial invoice document used to describe the item in the package, cost of this package, destination of the delivery, terms, and condition of payment, invoice number, and other details that make its use more effective.
- It is used to determine the tariffs by countries’ customs agencies according to the worth of the package mentioned in the commercial invoice.
- The invoice with all the required information reduces the chances of delaying the delivery of the package.
- It is also helpful to estimate the profit of sold goods.
- It serves as a record for both the seller and buyer to avoid disputes regarding payment or delivered items.
- The information about your business place on the invoice serves you as a professional and trusted seller.
- To get the payment from the bank under the letter of credit, the bank requires a commercial invoice to give payment to the seller.
- This commercial invoice helps you to claim for damage or loss of the shipment by the carrier.
What is Required on Commercial Invoice?
A commercial invoice is a billing document commonly used when you trade from one country to another. It is an essential paper that contains all the information about the package that will be shipped. If you want to ensure the delivery of the shipment on time, then put all the essential information in it. The critical element that should be included in the commercial export invoice is as follows:
- It should include the sender’s first and last phone number, email, address, and other contact details.
- The information about the shipping carrier.
- The first and last name of the receiver with contact details.
- The terms and conditions of payment under which both sender and receiver agree to do that.
- Description of the goods like name of goods, weight, quantity, and kind of item.
- It should contain the shipper details. The shipper is a company who provides the service of delivering packages. Put the name, contact details, shipment fees, and other details of the shipper.
- The invoice number and date when the seller issued this document.
- It must contain the purchase order number and the date when the buyer places the order.
- It should contain the shipper’s signature and date to make this document official.
- The name of the place where these items or goods are manufactured.
- It should contain the destination of this package delivery. The delivery address is posted on the commercial invoice used by the customs agencies to apply rules and regulations of the destination country.
- The price of the sold item in the currency of the payment.
Difference Between Commercial Invoice and Invoice
A commercial invoice is a detailed billing document for customs agencies to export goods and items. It contains all the details about the package to charge the tax and duties according to its worth. The commercial invoice is used for international trade. In comparison, an invoice is a billing document used to provide details about the goods and services from the seller to the buyer. A simple invoice includes a few things that show trade is made between two parties, but it is not used for international trade. For international trade, you need to use a commercial invoice that must contain all the required information to reduce the chance to delay the delivery.
How to Make a Commercial Invoice?
A commercial invoice is a supporting document to export goods and services. A detailed commercial invoice makes your package delivered on time. Make sure to include all the essential details required by customs agencies. In addition, it helps you to get clarification and payment quickly. If you don’t know how to make a commercial invoice, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step1: Download free customs commercial invoice template available in WORD, PDF, or Excel formats. Get the printout of it and fill it with the help of the below-mentioned steps.
Step2: Before printing it, open the template in the editing tool and put your business name, address, phone number, and mailing address. At the top of the invoice, use your business logo if you have to build trust.
Step3: Write the name of the buyer with address, phone number, and other contact details.
Step4: Put the details of the shipping company like name, address, and phone number.
Step5: Measure the weight of each but the number in the required field.
Step6: Write the details of the package like the number of items in it, kind of item, weight, and name of the export goods.
Step7: Write the invoice number and date to keep a record of this delivery.
Step8: Put the number of purchase orders with the date when the buyer places the order of goods.
Step9: To let the buyer know where these items are manufactured, put the name of that place.
Step10: Write all the payment terms and conditions.
Step11: Write the address where this package will be delivered.
Step12: Put the price of these items in the currency number.
You can see the sample of commercial invoice for international trade to understand it more clearly and download free proforma commercial invoice template Excel, WORD and PDF to make your work easier.
5 Common Invoice Mistakes to Avoid
In the fast shipping world, when your export of goods or items is delayed, it is not suitable for your business reputation. An invoice filling mistake is one of the reasons that may cause a delay in reaching your package on time. Some common invoice mistakes that you must avoid are as follows:
- Vague detail of merchandise: It is one of the common mistakes in the invoice by export. When they don’t provide a clear description of the items or goods, it may cause a delay in delivery. Make sure to include all the descriptions of merchandise clearly to avoid any problems.
- Incomplete detail of crucial element: The exporter ensures the entry of each necessary element in the invoice required by the costumes agencies. Sometimes vague information about payment, items, buyers, shipping, and others may create problems for you.
- Invalid invoice number: In a high competition market, you enhance your business reputation by delivering a good quality product on time. In this way, an invalid invoice number makes a wrong delivery which is enough to waste all your hard work. The exporter should double sure invoice entry before sending it.
- Wrong value: The custom needs to get the value of the item you will export; according to that value, the custom charges fees and duties. To avoid these taxes or duties, exporters put the wrong value on the item.
- Unprofessional invoice: To promote your business, you should use a professional invoice that includes all the information about your business with a logo. It helps you to improve your business reputation in the market and serves you as a trusty seller.
Benefits of Commercial Invoice
A commercial invoice is an export document used to clarify the product details, country of origin, seller and buyer details, and other information that makes it valuable. There are lots of benefits of using it, some of these are as follows:
- Used to describe all the essential elements about this shipment.
- Helpful to calculate the tariffs to export the package.
- Serve you as a trusty seller and promote your business.
- Work as a record for both buyer and seller.
- With the help of this invoice, you are able to demand payment.